Pickering Photography, the owner and provider of this Website. Storybook Weddings Limited, trading as Ian Pickering
collected by us or provided by you in relation to your use of the Website.
Definitions and Interpretation
Data - collectively all information that you submit to Storybook Weddings Limited, trading as Ian
Pickering Photography via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the
definitions provided in the Data Protection Laws;
Cookies - a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the
Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this
Website are set out in the clause below (Cookies);
Data Protection Laws - any applicable law relating to the processing of personal Data, including but not limited to the
Directive 96/46/EC (Data Protection Directive) or the GDPR, and any national implementing
laws, regulations and secondary legislation, for as long as the GDPR is effective in the UK;
GDPR - the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679;
Storybook Weddings Limited, trading as Ian Pickering Photography, we or us - Storybook Weddings Limited, trading as Ian Pickering Photography, a company incorporated in
England and Wales with registered number 05208555 whose registered office is at The Old Farm,
9 Darwin Street,, Kirton in Lindsey, Gainsborough, North Lincolnshire, DN214BZ;
UK and EU Cookie Law - the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the
Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011;
User or you - any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Storybook Weddings
Limited, trading as Ian Pickering Photography and acting in the course of their employment or (ii)
engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Storybook Weddings Limited, trading
as Ian Pickering Photography and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such
Website - the website that you are currently using, www.ianpickering.com, and any sub-domains of this site
unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
references to sub-clauses, clauses, schedules or appendices are to sub-clauses, clauses, schedules or appendices of
a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
"including" is understood to mean "including without limitation";
reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
and Users with respect to this Website. It does not extend to any websites that can be accessed from this Website
including, but not limited to, any links we may provide to social media websites.
4. For purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, Storybook Weddings Limited, trading as Ian Pickering
Photography is the "data controller". This means that Storybook Weddings Limited, trading as Ian Pickering
Photography determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your Data is processed.
5. We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
How we collect Data
6. We collect Data in the following ways:
data is given to us by you ; and
data is collected automatically.
Data that is given to us by you
7. Storybook Weddings Limited, trading as Ian Pickering Photography will collect your Data in a number of ways, for
when you contact us through the Website, by telephone, post, e-mail or through any other means;
Data that is collected automatically
8. To the extent that you access the Website, we will collect your Data automatically, for example:
we automatically collect some information about your visit to the Website. This information helps us to make
improvements to Website content and navigation, and includes your IP address, the date, times and frequency with
which you access the Website and the way you use and interact with its content.
we will collect your Data automatically via cookies, in line with the cookie settings on your browser. For more
information about cookies, and how we use them on the Website, see the section below, headed "Cookies".
Our use of Data
9. Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible
service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
internal record keeping;
10. We may use your Data for the above purposes if we deem it necessary to do so for our legitimate interests. If you are
not satisfied with this, you have the right to object in certain circumstances (see the section headed "Your rights"
Who we share Data with
11. We may share your Data with the following groups of people for the following reasons:
our employees, agents and/or professional advisors - "to obtain advise from professional advisers";
Keeping Data secure
12. We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your Data, for example:
access to your account is controlled by a password and a user name that is unique to you.
we store your Data on secure servers.
13. Technical and organisational measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any
misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your Data, please let us know immediately by contacting us via this e-mail
14. If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and
devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get
Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
15. Unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law, we will only hold your Data on our systems for the
16. Even if we delete your Data, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
17. You have the following rights in relation to your Data:
Right to access - the right to request (i) copies of the information we hold about you at any time, or (ii) that we
modify, update or delete such information. If we provide you with access to the information we hold about you,
we will not charge you for this, unless your request is "manifestly unfounded or excessive." Where we are legally
permitted to do so, we may refuse your request. If we refuse your request, we will tell you the reasons why.
Right to correct - the right to have your Data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
Right to erase - the right to request that we delete or remove your Data from our systems.
Right to restrict our use of your Data - the right to "block" us from using your Data or limit the way in which
we can use it.
Right to data portability - the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your Data.
Right to object - the right to object to our use of your Data including where we use it for our legitimate interests.
18. To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your Data
(where consent is our legal basis for processing your Data), please contact us via this e-mail address: ian@ianpickering.
19. If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to your Data is handled by us, you may be able
to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority. For the UK, this is the Information Commissioner's
Office (ICO). The ICO's contact details can be found on their website.
20. It is important that the Data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Data changes
during the period for which we hold it.
Links to other websites
21. This Website may, from time to time, provide links to other websites. We have no control over such websites and are
Changes of business ownership and control
22. Storybook Weddings Limited, trading as Ian Pickering Photography may, from time to time, expand or reduce our
business and this may involve the sale and/or the transfer of control of all or part of Storybook Weddings Limited,
trading as Ian Pickering Photography. Data provided by Users will, where it is relevant to any part of our business so
transferred, be transferred along with that part and the new owner or newly controlling party will, under the terms of
23. We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
24. In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
25. This Website may place and access certain Cookies on your computer. Storybook Weddings Limited, trading as Ian
services. Storybook Weddings Limited, trading as Ian Pickering Photography has carefully chosen these Cookies and
has taken steps to ensure that your privacy is protected and respected at all times.
26. All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
27. Before the Website places Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a message bar requesting your
consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, you are enabling Storybook Weddings
Limited, trading as Ian Pickering Photography to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish,
deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended.
28. This Website may place the following Cookies:
analytical/performance cookies - They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how
visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to
improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are
finding what they are looking for easily.
29. You can find a list of Cookies that we use in the Cookies Schedule.
30. You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept
Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
31. You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however you may lose any information that enables you to access the
Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
32. It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance
provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
33. For more information generally on cookies, including how to disable them, please refer to aboutcookies.org. You will
also find details on how to delete cookies from your computer.
illegal or unenforceable, that provision or part-provision will, to the extent required, be deemed to be deleted, and the
36. Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a
waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
37. This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising
under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
we may deem necessary from time to time or as may be required by law. Any changes will be immediately posted on
following the alterations.
You may contact Storybook Weddings Limited, trading as Ian Pickering Photography by email at email@example.com.
20 August 2019
Got a project? Let's chat.
Lincolnshire based Commercial Photographer & Videographer